Ductless System Questions
1. What type of compressors do ductless heating/cooling systems use which ramp up rapidly, providing the energy necessary to achieve the cooling or heating demand?
a) Direct drive driven compressors
b) Belt driven compressors
c) Converter driven compressors
d) Reverse driven compressors
2. What gives ductless heating/cooling systems the ability to choose independently which rooms you are heating or cooling at any given moment?
a) Energy management system
b) Zone controller
c) Two stage thermostat
d) Independent blower damper
3. What percentage of the home’s sensible heat load can be saved by eliminating ducts from the attic?
a) 5% to 8 %
b) 10% to 15%
c) 17% to 24%
d) 25% to 30%
4. At what percent less energy can ductless heat pumps operate over regular electric resistance and forced air systems?
a) 25% to 50% less energy
b) 50% to 70% less energy
c) 10% to 20% less energy
d) 25% to 75% less energy
5. The newer ductless systems evaporators are connected to the outside unit through a,
a) Six-inch opening with one special refrigerant line
b) Three-inch opening with a pair of refrigerant lines
c) Box with a flexible refrigerant line able to bend around tight corners
d) Plastic retainer holding a refrigerant line that is shockproof
6. On average, how many ductless evaporators are connected to a 3-ton condensing unit?
7. The newer ductless system indoor units are connected to outdoor units by:
a) Simply brazing the lines in place
b) Simply soldering the lines in place
c) Special connections and wrenches
d) Regular connections and wrenches
8. The inverter technology used for air conditioning compressors converts,
a) AC to 24 vac
b) AC to DC
c) DC to AC
d) Low frequency to high frequency
9. Which of the following is an example of how the inverter controls compressor speed?
a) Controlling the entering AC volt frequency from 0 to 60 cycles
b) Controlling the leaving AC volt frequency from 0 to 60 cycles
c) Controlling the leaving DC volt from 0 to 240 volts
d) Pulsing the on and off time of the applied DC voltage to the motor
10. Which of the following can sample each ambient air temperature and adjust accordingly the speed of the compressor?
Do Not Fill This Out