POB Quiz: UAS Regulations
1. What date did/does the small UAS rule go into effect?
A. June 30, 2016
B. January 1, 2017
C. August 29, 2016
D. December 31, 2016
2. What is the blanket altitude limit for UAS operations?
A. 400 feet
B. 1,000 feet
C. 500 feet
D. 5,000 feet
3. For those who’ve been operating under the 333 exemption, when, if ever will that exemption be void?
A. On the day the new Part 107 rules take effect
B. 30 days after the new Part 107 rules take effect
C. They may continue to follow the Section 333 exemption conditions and limitations
D. If the operation can be conducted under Part 107, they must apply under Part 107
4. Do aircraft pilots who have worked with geospatial firms for supervision of flights under the 333 exemption need a certificate under the new rule?
A. No, aircraft pilots are exempt
B. No aircraft pilot certificate is required
C. Yes, if the pilot has under 1,000 hours of flying time
D. Yes, if they intend to operate under Part 107, the pilot needs a Remote Pilot Certificate
5. How long is the new small UAS operation certification valid?
A. The Remote Pilot Certificate is permanent
B. The Remote Pilot Certificate is valid for 5 years
C. The Remote Pilot Certificate is valid for 1 year
D. The Remote Pilot Certificate is valid for 24 months
6. Where will training be facilitated?
A. Training will be available online
B. At the applicant’s home airport
C. Training sites will be set up within 1 year
D. Commercial trainers will be certified
7. What term (UAS, UAV, drone) does the FAA prefer and why?
A. The FAA prefers “drone”
B. UAV is preferred because UAS was already taken by another agency
C. UAV because that is the most common term used in online searches
D. UAS because it denotes a “system,” not just an aircraft
8. Is there a set cost for the certification, education and approval process?
A. Tests are free, but study materials cost $750
B. Cost is based on the size and type of UAV being flown
C. Applicants pay $150 up front to apply plus the cost of study materials and testing
D. There is no charge for study materials or training, testing costs $150
Do Not Fill This Out